8 to 10 ounces dried flat-sided rice noodles or fresh noodles
PAD THAI SAUCE
1 1/4 cup white vinegar
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 fresh green chile, seeded and minced
2 eggs scrambled (optional)
1 cup mung bean sprouts
1/3 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (optional)
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil, remove from the heat. Soak the noodles in the hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside or make fresh rice noodles.
- In a bowl, blend the vinegar, tomato paste, water and sugar
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, fry the garlic and chili on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato-vinegar mix continue to simmer the sauce until very thick 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the sauce, mix well.
- Place the noodles and sauce in large serving plate
- Serve with garnishes